I know it’s been almost a week since my last update, but there has just been no time to blog. Since our trip to the concentration camp we have…
- said goodbye to the team from Savannah, GA
- finished the time with the Holocaust Survivors and said goodbye to our new friends from Israel
- “flipped the camp” (aka lots of cleaning, preparing beds, etc.)
- welcomed a new team from Rhode Island
- planning and preparations for Ukrainian Children’s Camp
- welcomed 80 kids and leaders
- finished two very full days of camp
Our title of this camp is “New Me” – The Fruit of the Spirit with a garden theme I (Rachel) was privileged to teach the very first lesson, in which I introduced the theme and taught the first characteristic – LOVE. I made the kids recite the day’s memory verse (“We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19), and they had to express love by giving me a hug, in order to leave the chapel for canteen. It might have been partially a selfish ploy to get a hug from every single one of these precious kids, but I’m not ashamed to admit it! 😉
One of my roles is to put together a picture video for the evening session, so even if I don’t have time to write much, I’ll at least share those. You’ll be able to see all the great things going on and pray over this week with us!
Just five more days and we’ll be boarding a plane for our 2018 mission, the part of God’s plan we have the opportunity to experience first hand and you have sent us to carry out. We ask for your prayers – for our safety, ability to minister and personal spiritual growth, yes. But even more for the people who will be coming from Israel, Ukraine and surrounding areas of Poland to receive the Message God is preparing.
We know from experience that a good number of ministry opportunities will pop up during the time we are in Poland. Our God is way too big to be limited to a list of our plans! But here is what we are expecting for our 2018 trip to Poland
- We will serve in Poland June 1 – July 1
- We will travel to and encourage Christian churches in Poland, planted and/or supported by Polish Christian Ministries, as time and opportunity allow.
- We will do everything we can to help with upkeep and projects at Ostróda Camp, including: yard work, cleaning, preparation of cabins, fixing stuff, tech help, prayer room, encourage and support our friends who do full-time ministry at the camp year-round.
- June 3-11: We will spend time growing relationships and serving the Holocaust Survivors who will travel from Israel. Although some of these are Messianic Jews, many of them do not know Jesus Christ as the Messiah. We will participate in worship and teaching sessions, plan and lead activities/crafts with them, and travel to different sites with them in partnership with a mission team from Georgia.
- June 13-22: We will serve during the Ukrainian Children’s Camp alongside a team from Rhode Island – teaching, baptizing and disciplining children and teens. This year’s camp will include refugee children from the war in Ukraine. Our involvement will include crafts, teaching, photography, and getting to know the kids in small groups.
- June 24-30: We will plan and lead workshops and activities during a week of Polish Teen Camp, as well as participate in small group discussion and prayer times.
- We will connect with friends met in the past who have suffered infant loss, as well as looking for other opportunities to minister through Embracing Grace.
- We will pray for unexpected opportunities to serve and minister – asking God to provide them, open our eyes to them, and give us what we need to act on them.