- The day I gave my life to God
- The day I watched my future husband give his life to God
- The day I married him
- The day our first daughter was born
- The day we our second daughter was born and we placed her in the arms of Jesus
- The day our son was born
- and today
– the day our firstborn stood in front of our church to proclaimed her faith, and I watched her Daddy baptize her. She came down stairs earlier in the week an announced that she was ready. We talked and prayed, and my heart couldn’t be more full. Tears of joy. Lots of them. I’ve been praying for this since she was born, and I’ll never stop praying that she will remain faithful to the decision she made this week.
And God’s blessings on this day didn’t end there.
After church we hosted a fundraiser dinner for our trip to Poland. I’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to the dozens of people that contributed food, helped set up and clean up, but also to the 80+ people who attended and gave so generously. We shared some slides of trips to Poland and talked about the work God is doing that we are so blessed to be part of. In the end we raised $2806! Just $194 short of the amount we still needed for our airfare, and that gap should be filled when I collect money from bracelet orders this week! What a huge blessing that we can purchase our plan tickets! I just confirmed that the price hasn’t started going up yet. Poland… here we come!
We still have $2500 needed for ground transportation, lodging and ministry expenses. Rumor has it that a couple of RCC Sunday School classes decided to support us this morning, which should help move us toward that goal. We’ll need to cover this amount by early May, so your financial support is still needed and appreciated. We’ll make big announcements when we reach the final goal, but you can also follow our progress on our FINANCIAL SUPPORT page.
We can’t begin to express our gratitude. If you had any part in this … from prayer, to helping out, purchasing a bracelet or a donation of any amount – we thank you. You are growing the Kingdom of God.
My party went well and we had lots of fun. My friend Allison tried to hide from every picture my grandma and mom would take, but every once in a wile, my grandma would sneak a picture of her without he noticing. We got all the shoes we needed and have some extras for the girls to grow into them. I had so much fun doing this, and I hope it makes you as happy as it does me to help kids around the world who don’t have shoes or clothes. THANK YOU!!!
Check out the pictures!