(If you haven’t already read the Missionary Boot Camp page for an explanation of what I’m talking about here, you might want to do so first).
Ephesians 6:18-20 (New International Reader’s Version)
18At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all of God’s people.
19Pray also for me. Pray that when I open my mouth, the right words will be given to me. Then I can be bold as I tell the mystery of the good news. 20Because of the good news, I am being held by chains as the Lord’s messenger. So pray that I will be bold as I preach the good news. That’s what I should do.
- The Bible tells us that we need to pray at all times. Can we do that? How?
- Who are “God’s People?”
- Paul ask the Ephesians to pray for him – that the right words will come out of his mouth and that he’ll be bold to tell people about the “good news”. What is the “good news”?
Act on It:
- We are asking people to pray for us in the same way (discuss the Prayer Covenant), but we also need to pray for each other.
This Week’s Challenge:
Everyday this week, pray for a different thing about our trip.
- Sunday – Getting everything ready (passports, tickets, communication with Dave and Andrezj, etc.)
- Monday – Raising financial support
- Tuesday – Safe travel
- Wednesday – That the people we meet will see God in us and come to know Him.
- Thursday – That the Rockville Christian Church VBS kids will learn about missions and serving around.
- Friday – That those who read our blog and talk to us about our trip may grow in their faith
- Saturday – That we will grow to know God better ourselves through serving Him